Wednesday 22 October 2014

The I'm so beautiful backlash: In yesterday's Mail, Samantha Brick claimed other women loathe her for being too attractive. It proved a worldwide internet storm. Here she says: This bile just proves I'm right.


The past 24 hours have been, to be blunt, among the most horrendous of my life. But then, the 4,510 (at the time of writing) people who have left comments on mail online, and the thousand who have done the same on twitter, would probably say that it's all my own fault.
Yesterday, I wrote an article in the mail, posing the question. Why do women hate me for being beautiful?
The response it provoked has been extraordinary in its volume and vitriol, and beyond anything I could have imagined when In first started work at my keyboard.
of course, I knew when I came up with the idea that it would provoked debate. I'd even prefaced the idea by explaining to the editor that i was fully aware i was setting myself up for a fall.

No comments: